Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Learning Thing #22

Podcasts are a neat tool to be used on the internet, I am not a big fan of podcasts. I am oldfashioned in the sense that I would rather read about something rather than listen to someone talk about something. The one that I found was sort of cool -- it is actuall a video podcast Google Reader (11): "GeekBrief.TV | Video Podcast"

(I listened to the top 10 gadgets episode).
I really didn't like any of the podcast search engines that were provided, so I went to my iTunes account, and felt much, much more comfortable using this search engine. Once I had the name of the podcast, adding it to my Google Reader was very simple, and then I embedded the link to the podcast from the Google reader.

I don't think that I will be using podcasts in my classroom, why they are a neat piece of technology, with everything else that I want to do, podcasts would take to long to create and listen to. (Podcasts jurt aren't my thing).
I have a subscription to the one that I listened to, I may or may not listen to it in the future, I will probably see what the topic was before I listened.

1 comment:

mmw said...

Podcasts are really easy to create. You might consider having your students do one as an ongoing project.