Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Learning Thing #23

Creative Commons...what an interesting way to look at the copyright law. I loved the video clip it from the various "Disney" movies that explained the ins and outs of the copyrighting laws. I like the way Creative Commons works, it gives us a little more freedom, without taking credit away from the original creators. Common creative give individuals the right to use "copyrighted" material for some uses. It is meant to be used with the copyright, not to fight against it. Creative commons gives individuals permission to use work that has been copyrighted. Instead of being displayed with a © it is also marked with a cc mark. This is a really great tool for teachers and librarians alike to be aware of, we know what we can and cannot copy without breaking the ever feared copyright law(s). Check out my animoto that I created using pictures from flickr ..that were licsenced with the cc logo!

3 comments:

mmw said...

hmmm...not seeing the video.

Amanda :-) said...

The video is on the side bar.

mborden said...

Nice pictures.
I love the song on your blog, "I Hope You Dance."